BMW X6M - - jason hartley

Hi Everyone

i would like to share my experience with the above dealer and person, can someone give me some advice

we bought a brand new M Power car of them in september last year and it was a cash purchase of over £130k no finance was taker out unfortunately, the vehicle has failed me 4 times, failing to start 2 times, and 2 times cutting out in the fast lane of the motorway with my family in the car all within 3 month off ownership

i have told them i am rejection the car under the consumers act 2015 but they are saying there not accepting my rejection because of a tow bar has been fitted by a 3rd party and that what was causing the problem, but not once have a picked up a bill from BMW Relating to this so i know that was Rubbish

i have reports of the warranty work and job sheets and technicians finding but not 1 off them says it a tow bar issue or wiring

The tow bar got taken off the car and guess what it failed me again on the motorway!

my solicitor has advised me that i have a strong case for court action but my wife is saying it will ruing our life with the stress of it and its enough stress all ready, what we have been through all ready

But I Feel very disappointed with the above dealer and person deleted, i would Never purchase Bmw again

I have been in touch with RIP OF Britain and they are very interested in the matter because of the High value and the dealerships and persons Behaviour

[Name of person and dealer deleted - Mod]

Edited by Xileno on 04/02/2023 at 08:09

BMW X6M - - Metropolis.
Typical poorly built bmw. I see they even use plastic sumps now, so much for premium!

Edited by Metropolis. on 04/02/2023 at 09:57

BMW X6M - - mcb100
In fairness, the fact that it’s a BMW with a big price ticket isn’t relevant.
I’d expect it to do the job it’s built to do, and be supported by the retailer and/or manufacturer whether it’s an X6M or a Dacia Sandero.
BMW X6M - - Brit_in_Germany

The trouble is that with a car that expensive you need to think very carefully about court action which could easily leave you with a legal bill of more than the car's value. Cut your losses and sell the car would be my advice.

BMW X6M - - sammy1

Have you tried by passing the dealer and going to BMW HO customer service?

BMW X6M - - bazza

I didn't know you could spend that much on a BMW! Anyway, it should be of satisfactory quality which it sounds like it isn't. It sounds like you have given the dealer opportunity to fix it more than once without satisfaction. Under the Act, you are close to the 6 month mark whereafter it becomes more difficult to reject. Even at this stage the dealer may not offer you a full refund, but will take a deduction for your use. To be honest, I would arrange a meeting with the dealer principal and come to some arrangement where you swap the car for another one, or failing that trade it in somewhere else, or flog it online, it would be a lot less stress for you and your family, it's only a car, appreciate it's an expensive one but take the easy route out!

BMW X6M - - Mr Mc
Has any form of credit over £100 been used in the purchase ? Look at your Section 75 rights on Google. Credit provider is jointly liable.
BMW X6M - - skidpan

The tow bar got taken off the car and guess what it failed me again on the motorway!

In reality that proves nothing. Just consider that installing the wiring caused the issue but simply removing it will not necessarily fix it.

I appreciate that before 6 months is up you have to prove nothing under the CRA 2015 (its down to the seller) but in this case since the car was "modified" you would need an experts report to justify your claim it was not the tow bar that has caused your issues.